The Lineamenta - or preparatory document - for the 2014 extraordinary general session of the Synod of Bishops on the family gives more information on the Vatican meeting that will examine the "Pastoral Challenges to the Family in the Context Of Evangelization".
Here's a summary of the contents of the Lineamenta.
I. Synod: Family and Evangelization
II. The Church and the Gospel on the Family
- The Plan of God, Creator and Redeemer
- The Church's Teaching on the Family
- The Diffusion of the Teachings on the Family in Sacred Scripture and the Church’s Magisterium
- Marriage according to the Natural Law
- The Pastoral Care of the Family in Evangelization
- Pastoral Care in Certain Difficult Marital Situations
- On Unions of Persons of the Same Sex
- The Education of Children in Irregular Marriages
- The Openness of the Married Couple to Life
- The Relationship Between the Family and the Person
- Other Challenges and Proposals
You can actively participate in the preparation for the Synod by visiting our questionnaire on SurveyMonkey: